PERSPEX® S.A.R is an attractive material for applications that require the safety, optical and aesthetic qualities along with a highly abrasion-resistant surface coating. S.A.R is a unique product that offers clear advantages over standard acrylic sheet products.
It is available in Single and Double sided options. The Single sided is used where one surface needs to be painted with a selected colour or has to be glued.
The difference between S.A.R (Super Abrasion Resistant) acrylic sheet and conventional acrylic sheet or glass is CLEAR. S.A.R is produced by applying a very hard, polysilicate coating to an acrylic substrate. This provides S.A.R with a surface that has 45 times the abrasion resistance of uncoated acrylic.
- 45x the abrasion resistance of uncoated acrylic
- 5x impact resistance of glass
- 10 year guarantee
- Can be fabricated and drilled on site
- Lightweight material
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Abrasion resistance similar to the levels offered by glass
Applications and Functions
- Equipment faces and covers for business equipment
- Fashion store fixtures
- Safety Glazing
- Windows and panels
- Windscreens, transportation windows, sun roofs
Availability of PERSPEX® S.A.R sheets:
- Size (mm): 3050 x 2030
- Thickness (mm): 3, 6, 8, 10, 15, and 20